Monday, October 27, 2008

Who am I? and What is Casa?


Hey Everybody,

So i guess this is where i am suppose to say who I am and what I am about. Well, I am Fluffy Forwzy (in SL) and I am Fluffy in RL too (Dont ask it's a boring story lol). I own Club CasaBlanco in SL. Originally when Casa (which the club is now known as) was opened there were three owners, Me, Geoff Blanco (which is were the CasaBlanco came from) and cMunk O'Kelly.

Munk designed and built the club, Geoff was suppose to run the club on a day to day basis and I was suppose to help out a bit.....well..things didn't quite go as they should have lol. Both Geoff and Munk left SL for whatever reason and I inherited Casa. At first I had NO idea what I was suppose to do with it, I wasn't even sure if I wanted it to be honest. But with some help from friends and a bit of determination I eventually found comfortable club owner shoes lol. Casa has had its ups and downs, but its still there and it is, in my opinion, the best its ever been!

Originally Casa was created to host live music, Geoff was a huge fan of live music in SL. And that is the reason that Casa is still there today. I LOVE the live music scene in SL. And I have met some of the best people through music in SL. There is Live Music on Thursday Nights in Casa, Friendly Fire play there every week at 6pmslt, and they have been doing it for a year now! They were one of the opening acts on 3rd Nov 2007. They have also started doing a set every second week on Fluffy Friday.



What's Fluffy Friday? I can hear you ask.... Well, its .....NUTS! hahahaha - 5-6 hours of live music every friday! Each week there is a theme, people dress up, I decorate the club and madness and mayhem reigns! It really is the best fun, and i am not just saying it because i own Casa. It's fun because of the awesome talented singers and musicans who take the stream in Casa, because of the people who come every week, who arent afraid to dress up and take part! I've been calling Casa the most disfunctional club in SL for along time now, and someone said that Casa puts the FUN in disFUNctional - and really its true.

There are some awesome venues in SL, small ones and big ones, and each one is as important as the next as far as I am concerned. SL is meant to be fun, when running Casa stops being fun, then i will give it up, but until then Fluffy Friday's and Friendly Fires regular Thursday slot will continue. And if I find any reason to have a party then i will have a party! The summer and Paddys day festivals this year where a great success! and I am in the middle of planning a BIG first birthday party for Casa on 7th Nov 08.

So thats who I am and what I am about.......This Blog is also designed to introduce you to the many SL musicians and singers who have taken to the stage at Casa over the last 12 months and, hopefully, introduce you to new musicians as they join SL. With their permission I will add links to their websites/music and if i can I will add interviews with them here. So that is basically it I guess. I better go before I bore you to death, not a great way to start a blog LOL.

Take care, Seeya soon :)

Fluff

No comments: